Thank you for using this service, which is owned by Circle K Stores, Inc. (“Circle K,” “we,” “us,” or “our”).
Effective Date: December 21st, 2018
This Site, including all its Content are protected under applicable intellectual property and other laws, including without limitation the laws of the United States and other countries. All Content and intellectual property rights therein are the property of Circle K or the material is included with the permission of the rights owner and is protected pursuant to applicable copyright and trademark laws.
The presence of any Content on this Site does not constitute a waiver of any right in such Content. You do not acquire ownership rights to any such Content viewed through this Site. Except as otherwise provided herein, none of this Content may be used, copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, modified, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means, including, but not limited to, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without our express prior written permission.
Permission is hereby granted to the extent necessary to lawfully access and use this Site and to display, download, or print portions of this Site on a temporary basis and for your personal, educational, noncommercial use only, provided that you (i) do not modify the Content; (ii) you retain any and all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the Content; and (iii) you do not copy or post the Content on any network computer or broadcast the Content in any media.
The Circle K Site and the Content provided through it are property of Circle K or Circle K’s licensors, and we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable license to make personal, non-commercial use of the Site (the “License”). This License shall remain in effect for a period of 20 years unless terminated by you or Circle K.
All Circle K trademarks (whether registered or not), product names, company names, logos, service marks trade dress and/or domain names, and any other features of the Circle K brand (the “Circle K Marks”) are the sole property of Circle K. All other trademarks, product names, company names, logos, service marks, trade dress and/or domain names mentioned, displayed, cited or otherwise indicated within this Site are the property of their respective owners. You are not authorized to display or use the Circle K Marks in any manner without our prior written permission. You are not authorized to display or use trademarks, product names, company names, logos, service marks, trade dress and/or domain names of other owners featured within this Site without the prior written permission of such owners. The use or misuse of the Circle K Marks or other trademarks, product names, company names, logos, service marks, trade dress and/or domain names or any other materials contained herein, except as permitted herein, is expressly prohibited.
The Feedback you provide to us through this Site will be and remain our exclusive property. Your submission of Feedback will constitute an assignment to us of all worldwide rights, title and interests in your Feedback, including all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in your Feedback. We will be entitled to reduce to practice, exploit, make, use, copy, disclose, display or perform publicly, distribute, improve and modify any Feedback you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. For this reason, we ask that you not send us any Feedback that you do not wish to assign to us.
In consideration of your use of this Site, you agree that to the extent you provide personal information to Circle K, it will be true, accurate, current, and complete and that you will update all personal information as necessary.
To the extent you create an account through this Site, you understand and agree that any account you create, including your username and, if applicable, password, are personal to you and may not be used by anyone else. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and, if applicable, password and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your username and, if applicable, password by you or by anyone else using your username and, if applicable, password, whether or not authorized by you. If your account has a password, you agree to change your password immediately if you believe your password may have been compromised or used without authorization. You also agree to immediately inform us of any apparent breaches of security such as loss, theft or unauthorized disclosure or use of your username or password, if applicable, by contacting us using the information provided below. Until we are so notified you will remain liable for any unauthorized use of your account.
You agree to use this Site in a manner consistent with any and all applicable rules and regulations. You agree not to upload or transmit through this Site any computer viruses, trojan horses, worms or anything else designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer. Any unauthorized modification, tampering or change of any information, or any interference with the availability of or access to this Site is strictly prohibited. We reserve all rights and remedies available to us.
Circle K offers a car wash subscription service where we provide a code for an unlimited number of car washes for a specified period (a “Subscription”), and we may offer add-on or one-time products for sale. Our product offerings and available Subscription plans are described on our Site and App, as applicable, at the time of purchase, and are subject to change at any time prior to purchase.
From time to time, we may offer trials of the Subscription for a specified period without payment (a “Trial”). Circle K reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to determine your eligibility for a Trial, and to withdraw or to modify a Trial at any time without prior notice and with no liability. For some Trials, we’ll require you to provide your payment details to start the Trial. At the end of such Trials, we may automatically start to charge you for the Subscription on the first day following the end of the Trial, on a recurring monthly basis. By providing your payment details in conjunction with the Trial, you agree to this charge. If you do not want this charge, you must cancel your Trial through your Circle K account’s settings before the end of the Trial.
WHEN YOU PURCHASE A MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION, YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT (A) CIRCLE K (OR OUR THIRD PARTY PAYMENT PROCESSOR) IS AUTHORIZED TO CHARGE YOU ON A MONTHLY BASIS FOR THE PRICE OF YOUR CHOSEN SUBSCRIPTION (IN ADDITION TO ANY APPLICABLE TAXES AND OTHER CHARGES SET FORTH DURING THE PURCHASE PROCESS) FOR AS LONG AS YOUR SUBSCRIPTION CONTINUES, AND (B) YOUR SUBSCRIPTION IS CONTINUOUS UNTIL YOU CANCEL IT OR WE SUSPEND OR TERMINATE THE SUBSCRIPTION. INSTRUCTIONS FOR CANCELING YOUR SUBSCRIPTION ARE DESCRIBED BELOW. THE INITIAL MONTHLY RECURRING CHARGES FOR YOUR SUBSCRIPTION WILL BE SET FORTH DURING THE PURCHASE PROCESS. THE AMOUNT YOU ARE CHARGED MAY VARY DEPENDING ON THE PREFERENCES YOU SELECT, AND WE MAY ADJUST SUCH RECURRING CHARGES FROM TIME TO TIME.
YOU MAY CANCEL YOUR MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION AT ANY TIME PRIOR TO THE ORDER INVOICE DATE BY EMAILING email@example.com. IF CANCELLATION OCCURS AFTER THE INVOICE DATE THE CANCELLATION REQUEST WILL BE PROCESSED FOR THE NEXT SCHEDULED INVOICE. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL CHARGES (INCLUDING ANY APPLICABLE TAXES AND OTHER CHARGES) INCURRED WITH RESPECT TO ANY ORDER PROCESSED PRIOR TO THE CANCELLATION OF YOUR MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION.
You may have the ability from time to time to purchase Subscriptions for other people through the Services (“Gifts”). Gifts are not refundable or redeemable for cash, unless required by applicable law. Gifts must be redeemed for purchases through the Services in accordance with our then-current procedures for redemption, which may require the recipient to create their own account and agree to these Terms in order to redeem the Gift. GIFTS THAT ARE MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTIONS ARE SUBJECT TO THE AUTO RENEWAL TERMS IN SECTION 10 AND THE CANCELLATION POLICY IN SECTION 11.
By providing a credit card or other payment method that we accept, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to use the designated payment method and that you authorize us (or our third party payment processor) to charge your payment method for all charges you incur for the purchase of any Subscriptions or other products (including any applicable taxes and other charges) (each such purchase, an “Order”). You are responsible for, and agree to pay, all such charges. If we or our third party payment processor cannot obtain authorization for charges to your payment method or if any amounts you authorize us to charge to your payment method are reversed or charged back for any reason, we may, at our option, in addition to any other remedies: cancel or suspend any undelivered portion of your Orders, make second and/or subsequent attempts to charge your payment method, and/or use any other lawful means to collect payment on any outstanding amounts due to us. You will remain responsible to pay all applicable charges for all Orders. You agree to provide and keep current a valid payment method. However, your failure to do so shall not constitute cancellation of any Order. In the event you want to change or update payment information associated with your Subscription, you can do so at any time by logging into your account and editing your payment information. All prices shown for the Subscription are in U.S. dollars. Any applicable taxes and other charges, if any, are additional. We reserve the right to change our Subscription and other product offerings, and to adjust prices as we may determine in our sole discretion, at any time and without notice; provided, however, that if we change the amounts or other charges associated with your then-current Subscription, we will provide advance notice of such changes. We will not, however, be able to notify you of changes in any applicable taxes prior to such changes becoming effective. The shipment of products to you after our delivery of such notice will confirm your acceptance of such changes, unless you cancel your Subscription in accordance with the cancellation policy set forth in Sections 11.
WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THIS SITE OR ITS CONTENT, OR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE AVAILABLE ON OR PROMOTED THROUGH THIS SITE. THIS SITE AND ALL OF ITS CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, CIRCLE K, ITS AFFILIATES, AND THEIR SERVICE PROVIDERS AND LICENSORS DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, ARISING BY STATUTE, CUSTOM, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR IN ANY OTHER WAY, WITH RESPECT TO THIS SITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE OR PROMOTED THROUGH THIS SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, CIRCLE K, ITS AFFILIATES, AND THEIR SERVICE PROVIDERS AND LICENSORS DISCLAIM ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES (A) OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (B) RELATING TO THE SECURITY OF THIS SITE; (C) THAT THE CONTENT OF THIS SITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT; OR (D) THAT THIS SITE WILL OPERATE SECURELY OR WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR ERROR.
WE DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THIS SITE, ITS SERVERS, OR ANY TRANSMISSIONS SENT FROM US OR THROUGH THIS SITE WILL BE FREE OF ANY HARMFUL COMPONENTS (INCLUDING VIRUSES).
CIRCLE K DOES NOT ENDORSE AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR STATEMENTS, ADVICE AND OPINIONS MADE BY ANYONE OTHER THAN AUTHORIZED CIRCLE K SPOKESPERSONS. WE DO NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AGAINST THE POSSIBILITY OF DELETION, MISDELIVERY OR FAILURE TO STORE COMMUNICATIONS, PERSONALIZED SETTINGS, OR OTHER DATA. YOU ACCEPT THAT OUR SHAREHOLDERS, OWNERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND OTHER REPRESENTATIVES SHALL HAVE THE BENEFIT OF THIS CLAUSE.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAWS WE, ON BEHALF OF OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, EXCLUDE AND DISCLAIM LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSSES AND EXPENSES OF WHATEVER NATURE AND HOWSOEVER ARISING INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOSS OF EMPLOYMENT; LOSS OF USE; LOSS OF DATA; LOSS CAUSED BY A VIRUS; LOSS OF INCOME OR PROFIT; LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY; CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES; OR OTHER LOSSES OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS SITE. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ESTABLISHING SUCH PROCEDURES FOR DATA BACK UP AND VIRUS CHECKING AS YOU CONSIDER NECESSARY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER BASIS.
IF ANY PART OF THIS LIMITATION ON LIABILITY IS FOUND TO BE INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES FOR LIABILITIES THAT OTHERWISE WOULD HAVE BEEN LIMITED SHALL NOT EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00).
We reserve the right at any time and from time-to-time to modify, edit, delete, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently this Site (or any portion thereof) and/or the information, materials, products and/or services available through this Site (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any such modification, editing, deletion, suspension or discontinuance of this Site.
The term “Content” refers to all of the software and code comprising or used to operate this Site, and all of the text, photographs, images, illustrations, graphics, sound recordings, video and audio-video clips, and other materials available on this Site, including Feedback.
The terms “Circle K,” “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to Circle K Stores, Inc.
The term “Feedback” refers to all of the text, photographs, images, illustrations, graphics, sounds, video and audio-video clips, and other content you post on or through this Site that is specifically about how we can improve this Site and the products and services we make available through this Site.
The term “including” means “including, but not limited to.”
COPYRIGHT © 2018 CIRCLE K AND ALIMENTATION COUCHE-TARD.
Effective date: June 23rd, 2020
Your privacy is important to Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc., Couche-Tard Inc., Circle K Stores Inc., Mac’s Convenience Stores Inc., Mac’s Convenience Stores LLC, Holiday Stationstores, LLC, TMC Franchise Corporation and their subsidiaries and affiliates in Canada and the United States (collectively, “Circle K”, “we”, “us” or “our”). In the United States and Canada, our stores are primarily operated under the Couche-Tard, Circle K, Holiday, Mac’s, Corner Store, Kangaroo Express and On the Run banners (for more information about our banners, please visit: https://corpo.couche-tard.com/en/our-company/our-brands/).
If you are a California consumer, you may have additional rights under the California Consumer Protection Act (“CCPA”), as detailed in the California Consumers section.
Scope and Application
Definition of “Personal Information”
What Personal Information do we Collect?
How we Collect Personal Information
How we Use Personal Information
How we Share Personal Information
How we Manage Consent?
How Can You Change Your Privacy Choices?
How we Store and Safeguard Personal Information
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
Who Can You Contact With Privacy Questions?
“Personal information” is any information that identifies, or could be reasonably associated with, an individual and their household (collectively, “individual” or “you”). This may include, for example, your name, contact information, email-address, and information relating to your account with us (as the case may be). It may also include other types of more technical information, but only when this information can identify you as an individual. Information that is aggregated and/or de-identified and cannot be associated with an identifiable individual is not considered to be personal information.
We limit the collection of personal information to what is reasonably required to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. We collect personal information in a variety of ways detailed in the How we Collect Personal Information section.
Personal information we collect may include:
• Identifiers and contact information, such as your name, email and postal addresses, telephone number, Internet Protocol (IP) address (if it can identify you as an individual), device identifier or account information (for example, if you have downloaded one of our app or you have created an account upon signing up for our services, such as our car wash services);
• Demographic data, such as date of birth or gender;
• Transactional information, such as history of purchases made using a payment or credit card provided by Circle K (for instance, the Easy Pay card) and information generated by your participation in our loyalty program, as applicable (e.g. the number and amount of transactions by type, location/store of purchase, product code information, brand, quantity purchased, date, time, payment method used, promotional offers used in connection with the transaction, etc.);
• Browsing activity on our websites and apps, such as page and offers viewed, opt-out preferences, email bounce backs, click-throughs, content on social media, and IP addresses, if it can identify you as an individual (as further detailed in the How we Collect Personal Information section);
• Payment information, such as credit or debit card number when you make purchases;
• Geolocation information may be collected when you use our websites and apps, although this information may not always identify you as an individual;
• Information collected through technologies in our stores, including CCTV, anonymous video analytics technologies, or other types of video cameras and sensors, if it can identify you as an individual (as further detailed in the How we Collect Personal Information section); and
• Any other information you provide to us (as further detailed in the How we Collect Personal Information section). .
We collect personal information in a variety of ways, including: directly from you, from other sources, from technologies used at our locations, through online technologies (such as when you are interacting with us through our websites and apps) and from third-party social networks. 3
More specifically, we collect personal information in the following ways:
We may collect personal information directly from you in our stores (including through our point-of-sales systems and other in-store interactive tools such as the LIFT screens), by mail, by email, over the telephone, through our websites and apps or in any other direct manner, for instance when you make a purchase, give us feedback on our stores and the products for sale in our stores, participate in a contest or survey, complete a franchise application, or make a request to our customer service.
Circle K offers many programs and services through which we may collect personal information directly from you, for instance: our brands’ main websites (e.g. https://www.circlek.com/, https://www.couche-tard.com/ and http://www.holidaystationstores.com/), gamification websites on which you may participate into a contest, our brands’ main apps (the Circle K, Couche Tard and Holiday apps), the Easy Rewards loyalty program app, our subscription services apps (such as the Car Wash app), our interactive LIFT screens at the point-of-sale, in-store and social media contests and sweepstakes or our newsletters.
Occasionally, we may receive personal information from business partners with whom we offer certain products at our stores or to provide certain programs. We may also receive your personal information from other sources with your consent or when authorized by law. For example:
• We may receive your personal information from business partners with whom we organize contests, such as television stations, in order to allow you to redeem your prize at our stores.
We may collect personal information through various types of technologies used in our stores. These can include video surveillance, sensors or other similar types of systems that we may use from time to time.
• We use video surveillance in areas surrounding our premises for security purposes, to protect against theft, to prevent damage to our properties, and to prevent fraud.
• We may also use anonymous video analytic, which allows us to track the number of individuals in our stores and consider certain demographic information without identifying them. This technology helps us managing our stores, understanding our customer base and improving customer experience.
• In certain selected and clearly identified stores where we conduct research projects, such as the Connect Store at McGill Retail Innovation Lab, we may use video cameras and sensors (using Wi-Fi tracking, Bluetooth, RFID and similar technologies) to map individuals’ movements in the store and identify what items they take. This allows us to better understand in-store customer experience and to allow our customers who have signed up for frictionless check-out services to make purchases without having to go through the cashier.
We may collect certain types of information electronically when you interact with our websites and apps, emails, social media accounts, online advertising, or through the use of our or a third party’s technologies, which include cookies, web beacons or single pixel gifs or analytics engines. This information helps us understand what actions you take on our websites and apps and allows them to work correctly.
We may combine this information with other information collected in-store or online such as your transaction history. We do this to support our customer understanding using website and mobile analytics and to provide you with more tailored advertising and marketing campaigns. This includes serving interest-based advertising to you, subject to your right to withdraw consent. To learn more about the privacy choices available to you, please visit How Can You Change Your Privacy Choices?
• We may use your location or language preference to auto-select features when you visit our websites or download our apps.
• We may use your personal transaction information to provide you with interest-based advertisements on products that we believe may interest you (e.g. products that you purchase frequently).
• We may collect, combine and categorize your personal information on an aggregated basis to identify purchasing patterns to help us analyze our businesses to better serve our customers.
The technologies we use include:
• Cookies, which are small text files that are saved on your computer when you visit a website so that information can be saved between visits, such as your login credentials or language preferences. For example, cookies allow you to log in quickly when you visit our websites.
• Web beacons, and single pixel gifs, which are small image files that have information about you, such as your IP address, that can be downloaded when you visit a website or open an e-mail. This allows us to understand your online behaviour, monitor our email delivery, and provide you with interest-based advertising. These tools also allow our third-party tracking tools to gather information, such as your IP address, and provide this back to us in an anonymized, aggregate form (i.e. in a manner that prevents us from identifying you personally). Aggregate information refers to personal information compiled and expressed in a summary form where no personal identifiers are included.
• Analytics engines, which pull usage data from multiple sources and help manage and collect this data to use for personalization, interest-based advertising, customizing content and other methods to gain insights into our customers’ needs and preferences.
• With respect to our mobile applications, we use Identifier for Advertising for iOS and Google Advertising ID for Android.
• Tools that help protect against inappropriate uses, such as Google Invisible reCAPTCHA, which collects hardware and software information, such as device and application data and the results of integrity checks, as well as unique online identifications such as IP address, and sends that data to Google for analysis.
You may delete or disable certain of these technologies at any time via your browser. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use some of the features on our websites. To learn more about the privacy choices available to you, please visit How Can You Change Your Privacy Choices?
In certain cases, we may collect personal information from other categories of third parties, but only with your consent or as permitted or required by applicable law. Third parties may include credit report agencies or background check providers.
We may use all categories of personal information detailed in section 3 to provide you with our programs, products and services, to manage our business operations and make hiring decisions, to communicate offers and information we think might interest you, to generally enhance your customer experience with us, and as otherwise permitted or required by law. Learn more about how we use your personal information for: providing programs, products and services, managing our businesses, marketing and advertising, and conducting market research and data analytics
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
We use your personal information in order to provide our programs, products available in our stores and services, for instance:
• Processing your transactions and returns;
• Verifying your identity;
• Determining your eligibility for a program, product, service or promotion;
• Responding to your inquiries;
• Allowing you to earn loyalty points and redeem rewards;
• Responding to your requests or taking or verifying instructions from you;
• Enabling your participation in contests, promotions, surveys or chats;
• Processing your applications (for instance, a franchise application);
• Creating, administering, and maintaining your accounts;
• Allowing you to make purchases at our stores without having to check out at the cashier, if you have subscribed to this service;
• With your consent, verifying your credit when such verification is necessary for certain of our products, services or programs.
We use your personal information to manage our business, for instance:
• Notifying you of changes to your account or our websites and apps’ services, terms, conditions or policies and to provide you administrative messages, updates, legal notices, technical notices or security alerts;
• Deploying and managing our information technology applications and systems, including managing our websites and apps;
• Managing and facilitating the use of our websites and apps, which may include using cookies and other similar technology (as further detailed in the How we Collect Personal Information section);
• Maintaining the security of the public and our customers, employees and property (e.g., through video surveillance) (as further detailed in the How we Collect Personal Information section);
• Making assortment and pricing decisions;
• Protecting us and third parties from errors and fraud;
• Monitoring and investigating incidents and managing claims;
• Maintaining our programs, products and services; and
• Meeting our contractual, legal and regulatory obligations.
We use your personal information to market our stores, brands (including Circle K, Couche-Tard, Holiday, Sloche, Provi-Soir, Circle K Froster, Polar Pop, etc.), programs, products, services, special offers, promotions, contests or events, and those of third parties who may sell their products within our stores, that we believe may be of interest to you. We may do this in a variety of ways:
• By communicating with you by email, telephone, SMS, direct mail and social media;
• By delivering online advertisements relevant for you;
• By customizing the content you see on our websites and apps; and
• By customizing product recommendations through our interactive in-store screens.
If you no longer wish to receive commercial electronic messages, please let us know by following the unsubscribe directions provided in every commercial electronic message. For more information on managing your marketing preferences, see How Can You Change Your Privacy Choices?
We may use your personal information in order to conduct market research and data analytics by tracking and analyzing current or previously collected information for the following purposes:
• Improving or developing new products, services, programs, promotions, contests or events, and to better understand our customer base and behavior;
• Managing and developing our business and operations;
• Improving our programs, products, and services (e.g. improving our websites and apps);
• Understanding customer needs and preferences and customizing how we tailor and market products and services to our customers based on their interests;
• Measuring the effectiveness of our marketing; and
• Understanding how visitors interact with our websites and apps and ensure they work correctly.
When possible, we will use your information in an aggregated and/or de-identified format.
Learn more about how we may share personal information: within the Circle K group, with third party business partners, with third party service providers, with academic institutions and research partners for specific research projects (such as the Connect Store at McGill Retail Innovation Lab), in the course of a sale or transfer of business or other transaction, for other permitted reasons, and with your consent.
We may share your personal information with third party business partners with whom we associate to provide certain products or services. We only share the personal information required for our business partners to offer the relevant products or provide the relevant programs or services. 8
We may participate in loyalty programs offered by our business partners, such as fuel companies or grocers, and we may need to share personal information about our participating customers to allow them to earn points and redeem rewards at our locations.
In the course of providing our programs, products, services, promotions, contests and events we may share all categories of personal information detailed in section What Personal Information do we Collect? with third party service providers who perform services on our behalf. These service providers help us operate our business, technology systems and applications, internal procedures, infrastructure and advertising and marketing. They provide services to us, such as fulfilling purchases, processing credit card payments, performing credit checks, sending emails and postal mail, call centres, data hosting, contest administration, providing advertisements, and analytics services (e.g. tracking effectiveness of our marketing campaigns and analyzing usage of our websites and apps). We require these service providers to limit their access to and/or use of personal information to what is required to provide their services and require that those third parties adhere to confidentiality as well as security procedures and protections.
• Personal information collected from contest participants may be shared with our contest administrator to contact selected winners.
• We use payment card providers, credit card providers and loyalty program providers that will have access to subscribers’ personal information as required to provide their services to Circle K.
We may disclose personal information to a third party in connection with a sale or transfer of business or assets, an amalgamation, reorganization or financing of parts of our business (including the proceedings of insolvency or bankruptcy). In the event the transaction is completed, your personal information will remain protected by applicable privacy laws. In the event the transaction is not completed, we will require the other party not to use or disclose your personal information in any manner whatsoever and to completely delete such information, in compliance with applicable laws.
We may disclose information collected in certain selected and clearly identified stores where we conduct research projects with academic institutions and research partners for statistical or scholarly research purposes. When possible, we will share information for such purposes in aggregated and/or de-identified format.
We may disclose to researchers working at the McGill Retail Innovation Laboratory the information collected through video cameras and other sensors deployed in the Connect Store located on the campus of McGill University that provide a frictionless check-out experience or are used to test experimental retail systems and methods, who may use this information, on an aggregated and/or de-identified basis, for research purposes.
Applicable laws may permit or require the use, sharing, or disclosure of personal information without consent in specific circumstances (e.g., when investigating and preventing suspected or actual illegal activities, including fraud, or to assist government and law enforcement agencies). These circumstances include situations when permitted or required by law or when necessary to protect our group of companies, our employees, our customers, or others. If this happens, we will not share more personal information than is reasonably required to fulfill that particular purpose.
Other than the purposes listed above, we may, with your implied or express consent, share or disclose your personal information outside of our group of companies, in accordance with applicable laws.
If you choose not to provide us with certain personal information or if you withdraw your consent, where such withdrawal is available, we may not be able to offer you the programs, products, services, contests, promotions, events or information that you requested or that could be offered to you.
We want you to clearly understand your choices and make informed decisions about your privacy options. There are several options available for you to manage your privacy preferences, including, for example: managing your preferences within your account when applicable, contacting us directly, changing your browser settings on your device, and/or, where available, using third party unsubscribe functionality.
Learn more about how to change your privacy choices through your account, when you register or by contacting us directly, and using third party unsubscribe functionality.
If you have an account with us, you can update your preferences where customer preference options are available through the relevant program, product or service.
You may opt in to receiving email or SMS marketing communications at the time that you register for our programs, products or services, enter our contests or promotions or any time thereafter through your online account(s). We may also have your implied consent to send you such marketing electronic communications under applicable laws.
You may opt out of:
• Receiving email or SMS marketing communications, by clicking “unsubscribe” within any marketing email you receive, following the opt-out instructions provided when you receive a marketing SMS, or through your online account (if you have created one);
• Receiving interest-based advertisements by changing your browser settings on your device, and/or using third party unsubscribe functionality (e.g., via Google or Facebook) to change your preferences within their platforms. Please note that disabling, blocking or deleting some of these technologies, such as cookies, may cause you to lose the functionality of certain features on our websites and apps.
Please note the following regarding withdrawal of consent or changes in your privacy preferences:
• Even if you have opted out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still contact you for transactional purposes, in compliance with applicable laws (e.g., for customer service, product information, service or reminder notices, or recalls). We may also need to contact you with questions or information regarding your customer service inquiries; and
• It may take some time for all of our records to reflect changes in your preferences (e.g., if you request that you not receive personalized marketing communications from Circle K, your preference may not be captured for a promotion already in progress).
We may use third parties (e.g., web companies or social media platforms) that use certain technologies to analyze your browsing behaviour as you visit our websites and apps. You can manage your privacy preferences with respect to certain third parties, such as Google, by using the unsubscribe functionality within their platforms. Please note that disabling, blocking or deleting some of these technologies, such as cookies, may cause you to lose the functionality of certain features on our websites and apps.
We also may embed links to other websites, including social media websites, on our websites and apps. For more information about social media plug-in protocols, such as “Like” buttons on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram and their impact on your privacy rights, please visit the appropriate social media help centre (e.g., Facebook’s Help Center at https://www.facebook.com/help/).
We take the security of your personal information very seriously and are committed to protecting your privacy by using a combination of administrative, physical, and technical safeguards. Your personal information may be stored in foreign jurisdictions, in which case it will be subject to foreign laws. We will store your personal information in accordance with our retention policies or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
Learn more about how we protect personal information, where we keep personal information and cross-border transfers and how long we keep personal information
We employ organizational, physical and technological measures to protect the confidentiality of personal information and to safeguard personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification, in light of, among other things, the sensitivity of the information and the purposes for which it is to be used. These safeguards also apply when we dispose of or destroy your personal information. We use reasonable safeguards to ensure that our service providers protect your personal information wherever it is used or stored.
We may share personal information within the Circle K group of companies, including in Canada, the United States and the European Union. Some of our service providers may also access, process or store your personal information outside of the country where we are located and where you reside. As a result, when your personal information is used or stored in a jurisdiction other than where you are residing, it may be subject to the law of this foreign jurisdiction, including any law permitting or requiring disclosure of the information to the government, government agencies, courts and law enforcement in that jurisdiction.
We will store your personal information in accordance with our retention policies or as otherwise required or permitted by law, after which your personal information will be securely destroyed or anonymized (so the information no longer identifies you).
You may have the right to access and rectify the personal information we hold about you under the law applicable in the jurisdiction where you reside. In this case, upon request, we will provide you with access to your personal information within a reasonable timeframe, in compliance with applicable laws. It is your responsibility to provide accurate, correct and complete information.
You can request access or rectification by contacting the applicable Privacy Office as described in the “Who Can You Contact With Privacy Questions?” section. If you are residing in California, please refer to the California Consumers section for more information on how to exercise your rights.
We do not knowingly request or collect personal information from children under 13 years of age without prior verifiable consent of his or her parent or legal guardian and complying with any other legal requirements. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personal information about a child without verifiable parental or legal guardian consent, we will delete this information from our records or take reasonable steps to de-identify the information.
This section describes the rights you have under the CCPA if you are a consumer residing in California.
Once every 12 months, you may submit a verifiable request that we disclose the following information to you:
• The categories or specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you in the last 12 months, as well as the sources from which personal informal is collected, the business and commercial purposes for collecting it, the categories of third parties with whom we have shared it; and
• The categories of personal information about you that we have disclosed for a business purpose in the last 12 months.
You may submit a verifiable request that we delete any personal information that we have collected about you, subject to the exceptions provided by the CCPA.
You may exercise these rights using one of the methods detailed in the “Who Can You Contact With Privacy Questions?” section.
In accordance with applicable law, we must take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling any of the above requests. If you maintain an account with us, we may verify your identity through existing authentication practices for the account, such as you username and password. We may also verify your identity by matching two or three data points of identifying information you provide to data points we already maintain about you and have determined to be reliable for the purposes of verification, depending on the nature of your request.
You can authorize an agent to exercise any of these rights on your behalf, but we will take additional measures to verify the legal authority of your agent.
We will not, because you have exercised any of the rights detailed in this section 12, deny you any goods or services, charge different prices or rates for goods or services, or provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services.
If you have any questions about how we handle your personal information, please contact us as indicated below. If you have a program, product, service, or are participating in a promotion, contest or event that is offered by us with a third party, the third party may hold your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, we will direct you to the appropriate party so that you may make enquiries as to that party’s privacy policies and practices.
If you are in the U.S. Legal Department c/o Privacy Office Circle K Stores Inc. 1130 West Warner Road, Building B Tempe, Arizona 85284
If you are in Canada Legal Department c/o Privacy Office Couche-Tard Inc. 4204 Industriel Boulevard Laval, QC H7L 0E3
Toll-free number: 1-833-662-0510
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org